Designed to honor the cultural heritage of Spanish-speaking students while building a solid reading foundation, Houghton Mifflin Lectura features
- Strong phonics instruction based on the traditional syllabic approach
- Rich, academic language to support high levels of Spanish literacy
- Authentic Hispanic literature to engage and motivate students
- Built-in, daily English language development to support the transition to English fluency
- Systematic, explicit instruction that is parallel and equitable to Houghton Mifflin Reading.
With instruction information in both English and Spanish, an easy-to-use teaching plan, and activities geared toward the response level of literacy, this program is both efficient and effective.